Speak with a Registered Land Surveyor 0477 220 650

Most proposals to construct a new building or extend an existing one require a Development Application be submitted to Council. This kind of application is often referred to as a DA. Proposals such as these typically involve several steps.

The first step in the building design process is to engage a surveyor to prepare a detail and contour survey of the site of the proposal. This type of survey which is often called a detail survey depicts existing structures and other site features including significant vegetation, spot levels, contours and boundaries. The surveyor presents the information gathered as plan suitable for use by an architect to prepare building plans. These plans can then be submitted to Council for approval.

Once council approval is obtained a Registered Surveyor will need to be engaged to setout the proposed location of the building or extension in accordance with the approved plans. Following construction of the new building or extension a Registered Surveyor should again be engaged to undertake an ident survey to confirm that the new building has been constructed in its approved location.

Under NSW legislation only a Registered Land Surveyor can setout a building in relation to boundaries or carry out an ident survey. Contact our Registered Surveyors to request a quote for your survey and enjoy the confidence that comes from having experienced professionals on your side.

Get a land survey estimate and quote...

Simply enter your details below...

Follow us


enter your details below...

Contact Us

About Us

Advance Land Surveyors is
a survey practice that is
passionate about surveying
and about meeting the needs
of our clients.

Read More